Daniel Herzog (M.Sc.)
|Phone:||+49 89 289-18676|
|Address:||TUM Institut für Informatik|
Chair of Connected Mobility (I11)
|Consulting hours:||by arrangement|
|Times of absence:||27.10.17|
Daniel is a research assistant and PhD student at the Chair of Connected Mobility at the Technische Universität München (TUM). He holds a M.Sc. in Information Systems from TUM and a Honours Degree in Technology Management from the Center for Digital Technology and Management (CDTM). During his studies, he visited the Université de Sherbrooke in Canada and Télécom ParisTech in France. Furthermore, he worked for 1&1 Internet AG, BMW and 4A Solutions GmbH.
- (Group) Recommender Systems
- Collaborative and Social Mobility Services
- Mobile and Context-aware Applications
- Human-Computer Interaction
- TUM Living Lab Connected Mobility (TUM LLCM): Collaborative and social mobility services. For more information, please visit the TUM LLCM website and follow our Twitter account.
- SS 2017: Master Seminar Interactive Recommender Systems
- SS 2016: Proseminar: Internet for All
Open thesis topics
Please read through the description and the requirements of the topic carefully if you are interested in one of the topics.
- B/M.Sc. Topic: Development of a Multi-Touch Web Application for Recommending Tourist Trips to Groups on a Public Display
For a full list of my publications, please refer to my Google Scholar profile.
- D. Herzog. Recommending A Sequence of Points of Interest to a Group of Users in a Mobile Context. In Proceedings of the 11th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, ACM, 2017.
- S. A. Siddiqui, D. Herzog, and W. Wörndl. Real-Time Public Transport Navigation on Smartwatches: A Comparison with a Smartphone-based Solution. In Workshop on Human Aspects in Adaptive and Personalized Interactive Environments (HAAPIE 2017), UMAP '17, Bratislava, Slovakia, July 2017, 2017.
- D. Herzog, H. Massoud, and W. Wörndl. Routeme: A mobile recommender system for personalized, multi-modal route planning. In Proceedings of the 2017 Conference on User Modeling Adaptation and Personalization, UMAP '17, Bratislava, Slovakia, July 2017, 2017.
- W. Wörndl, A. Hefele, and D. Herzog. Recommending a sequence of interesting places for tourist trips. Information Technology & Tourism, 17(1):31-54, 2017.
- C. Laß, W. Wörndl, and D. Herzog. A multi-tier web service and mobile client for city trip recommendations. In The 8th EAI International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications and Services (MobiCASE). ACM, 2016.
- D. Herzog and W. Wörndl. Exploiting item dependencies to improve tourist trip recommendations. In Proceedings of the Workshop on Recommenders in Tourism co-located with 10th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2016), Boston, MA, USA, September 15, 2016, pages 55-58, 2016.
- P. Lenhart and D. Herzog. Combining content-based and collaborative filtering for personalized sports news recommendations. In Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on New Trends in Content-Based Recommender Systems co-located with ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2016), Boston, MA, USA, September 16, 2016, pages 3-10, 2016.
- P. Hiesel, W. Wörndl, M. Braunhofer, and D. Herzog. A user interface concept for context-aware recommender systems. In W. Prinz, J. Borchers, and M. Jarke, editors, Mensch und Computer 2016 - Tagungsband, Aachen, 2016. Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V.
- D. Herzog and W. Wörndl. Collaborative and social mobility services. In A. Faber, F. Matthes, and F. Michel, editors, Digital Mobility Platforms and Ecosystems, pages 198-206. Technische Universität München, Munich, 2016.
- D. Herzog and W. Wörndl. Extending content-boosted collaborative filtering for context-aware, mobile event recommendations. In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies, WEBIST 2016, Rome, Italy, April 23-25, 2016, volume 2, pages 293-303. SCITEPRESS, 2016.
- D. Herzog and W. Wörndl. Spontaneous event recommendations on the go. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Decision Making and Recommender Systems, Bolzano, Italy, October 22-23, 2015, pages 1-4, 2015.
- W. Wörndl, M. Ludwig, and D. Herzog. Recommending customized trips based on the combination of travel regions. In ENTER 2015 Conference, Lugano, Switzerland, February 3-6, 2015, 2015.
- D. Herzog and W. Wörndl. A travel recommender system for combining multiple travel regions to a composite trip. In Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on New Trends in Content-based Recommender Systems co-located with the 8th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, CBRecSys@RecSys 2014, Foster City, Silicon Valley, California, USA, October 6, 2014, pages 42-48, 2014.
Research Activities and Awards
- 08/2017: Participation in ACM Recommender Systems Doctoral Symposium
- 08/2017: Participation in the ACM Summer School on Recommender Systems
- 04/2016: WEBIST 2016 Best Student Paper Award
- 04/2016: WEBIST 2016 Session Chair